Redwood Invest Report
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing

Redwood Invest Report

Business

Warner Bros. Discovery reopens talks with Paramount

by admin February 19, 2026
February 19, 2026
Warner Bros. Discovery reopens talks with Paramount

Warner Bros. Discovery said Tuesday that it was reopening talks with Paramount Skydance, giving the studio a week to rival Netflix in its bid to take over the streaming and cable giant.

In a statement, Warner Bros. Discovery said it had rejected the latest $30-a-share offer from Paramount but would give the company until Monday ‘to make its best and final offer.’

It also said a ‘senior representative’ of Paramount had indicated that the CBS owner would be willing to meet an even higher price, $31 a share, seemingly enticing the board back to the table.

At the same time, Warner Bros. is still recommending its shareholders vote at a special meeting March 20 to approve the $82.7 billion deal it reached in December to sell its streaming service, studio and HBO cable channel to Netflix.

Paramount is seeking to buy the entirety of Warner Bros. Discovery.

‘Every step of the way, we have provided [Paramount Skydance] with clear direction on the deficiencies in their offers and opportunities to address them,’ David Zaslav, CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, said in the statement.

In a letter to the Paramount board — chaired by David Ellison, also the company’s CEO and controlling shareholder — Warner Bros. said that while Paramount had indicated it would address ‘unfavorable terms and conditions,’ these had not yet been removed from the proposed merger agreement.

Warner Bros. has repeatedly rejected previous bids from Paramount, citing the ‘insufficient value’ offered.

In a separate statement, Netflix hit out at what it called Paramount’s ‘antics.’

‘Throughout the robust and highly competitive strategic review process, Netflix has consistently taken a constructive, responsive approach with WBD, in stark contrast to Paramount Skydance,’ it said.

Netflix said that it was ‘confident that our transaction provides superior value and certainty’ but also recognized ‘the ongoing distraction for WBD stockholders and the broader entertainment industry caused by’ Paramount. The company said it granted Warner Bros. the one-week window to reopen talks with Paramount to ‘fully and finally resolve this matter.’

Netflix also took aim at the regulatory process required for either company to complete a takeover.

It said that Paramount has ‘repeatedly mischaracterized the regulatory review process by suggesting its proposal will sail through.’

‘WBD stockholders should not be misled into thinking that PSKY has an easier or faster path to regulatory approval — it does not,’ Netflix said.

In a statement, Paramount Skydance reiterated its existing offer to Warner Bros. Discovery of $30 per share. The company did not indicate if it would submit a higher bid.

Paramount called the one-week negotiating window ‘unusual’ but said it ‘is nonetheless prepared to engage in good faith and constructive discussions.’

The Ellison-backed media giant also said it would continue advocating against the Netflix deal and submit a slate of directors for Warner Bros.’ board at the upcoming shareholder meeting, as it previously planned to.

President Donald Trump, whose administration approved Ellison’s takeover of Paramount last year, said early in the bidding process he would be involved in approving a deal with Warner Bros.

But earlier this month, Trump changed his tune. ‘I’ve been called by both sides, it’s the two sides, but I’ve decided I shouldn’t be involved,’ he told ‘NBC Nightly News’ anchor Tom Llamas.

Trump still hinted that one company looked problematic to him. ‘I mean, there’s a theory that one of the companies is too big and it shouldn’t be allowed to do it,’ he said.

‘They’re beating the hell out of each other and there’ll be a winner,’ Trump said.

Warner Bros. has an archive of storied movies, as well as a diverse portfolio of brands including CNN and HBO.

The bidding war for the media empire comes at a pivotal time for the entertainment industry, with traditional broadcasters and studios facing serious challenges from digital newcomers Netflix, Apple and Amazon.

Since Netflix announced its deal to buy parts of Warner Bros. Discovery, its shares have tumbled nearly 25%.

This post appeared first on NBC NEWS

previous post
CFTC chief sides with prediction markets over state regulators in a high-stakes court case
next post
Genesis Moves to Acquire Magnetic in US$450 Million Deal, Boosts Laverton Growth Strategy

Related Posts

Alphabet beats earnings expectations, raises spending forecast

July 25, 2025

Lyft co-founders to step down from ride-hailing firm’s...

August 16, 2025

Trump says U.S. will impose new tariffs on...

September 30, 2025

Trump accused Fed Governor Lisa Cook of mortgage...

August 29, 2025

U.S. added 119,000 jobs in September, but there...

November 22, 2025

Travis Kelce part of investor group aiming to...

October 24, 2025

Peloton launching resale market for used bikes, treadmills

June 4, 2025

Walmart fined for shipping realistic toy guns to...

June 2, 2025

A top Federal Reserve official says bleak jobs...

August 12, 2025

Disney to pay $10 million to settle FTC...

September 4, 2025

    Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights, updates, and exclusive content straight to your inbox! Whether it's industry news, expert advice, or inspiring stories, we bring you valuable information that you won't find anywhere else. Stay connected with us!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent

    • Rubio announces designation for Nicaraguan prison official tied to alleged human rights violations

    • Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as Gaza rebuild hinges on Hamas disarmament

    • Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of Freedom for Carson and praises Nicki Minaj

    • Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson over Cuba’s future: report

    • Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at ‘sold-out’ Black History Month event

    • Florida execs sentenced in $233M Obamacare fraud that targeted homeless, hurricane victims

    Categories

    • Business (211)
    • Investing (1,848)
    • Politics (2,222)
    • Stocks (119)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 redwoodinvestreport.com | All Rights Reserved